Nantucket Memorial Airport has been conducting an ongoing analysis of the
Island's short- and long-term aviation transportation
needs through the year 2015 under a joint planning grant from the FAA and
the Massachusetts Aeronautics Commission (MAC).
Current project elements
consist of the following eleven components - nine airside (numbers 1-9 in
the list below) and two landside (numbers 10 and 11 below):
(1) 500-foot extension of Runway 33
(2) Parallel taxiway for Runway 15/33
(3) Acute angle taxiway exiting to a new parallel taxiway and
existing Taxiway "A"
(4) Runway 24 Approach Lighting System
(5) Runway 6/24 Navigational Aids (including Instrument
Landing System (ILS) Precision Approach for Runway 6
(6) Water Rescue Equipment Shelter
(7) Aircraft wash pad and deicing facility
(8) Taxiway "F" pavement overlay
(9) Runway 6/24 rehabilitation
(10) Passenger Terminal improvements
(11) Bunker Area development
These eleven projects and their corresponding environmental impacts are
the focus of the Final Environmental Impact
Report/Environmental Assessment filed with the Secretary of
Environmental Affairs, MEPA, May 17, 2004.